Welcome to Machine
Machine Building Systems is home to the
extruded aluminium profile system and
modular flat belt conveyors.
Located in the heart of the UK, Machine Building Systems is the exclusive UK distributor for Item aluminium profile systems and Elcom flat belt conveyors.
We are the sole UK source for genuine Item aluminium profile in the UK. We provide bespoke solutions for industrial applications using Item’s extensive range of products, including:
- MB Profile System – aluminium profiles and accessories in 5 distinct product ranges. Perfect for building machine frames, guards or jigs and fixtures among many other possibilities.
- Lean Production – labour saving tubular aluminium extrusion system and roller conveyors. Suitable for single-handed construction using only one tool.
- Workbenches – ergonomic aluminium workbenches and trolleys. Available with a host of compatible accessories so customising workspaces is made easy.
- Automation – linear slides, motors and controllers for a wide range of light and heavy-duty applications.
- Stairways and Platforms – access platforms and stairways using standard aluminium profiles and components.
- Conveyors – flat-belt and timing-belt conveyors. Based on Item aluminium profiles with a variety of configuration options.
- XMS System – aluminium extrusions for cleanrooms or for frames with a premium finish.
Our reputation has been built on speed and quality. We operate a policy of holding massive stocks which enables us to provide quick delivery times, whereas our team of specialist technicians ensure excellent build quality, all with a high quality of product that you would expect from a market leader such as Item. The free design service from our dedicated team of Project Engineers means that you don’t have to spend time designing with unfamiliar products while you could be doing something more productive for your business.
Item introduce new products biannually, often as a result of customer feedback. There is always something new that can reduce build-time, or prevent the need to manufacture expensive special parts. You can keep up-to-date by visiting our downloads page where you can get the latest new product catalogues.
Whether you are looking for a ready-to-go assembly, or a kit of parts and profiles for a self-build project, contact our sales team today for advice and assistance. They can discuss your project with you in more detail, or show you how to make the most of some of the on-line self-help design tools available, such as Item’s EngineeringTool and Motion Designer, which can help you to avoid making costly mistakes.
For special applications in mechanical engineering Profiles made from wood-plastic composites are lightweight, have high…Read More
For more information about any of our products or services, please complete the form below: